How to export data from Act! to Microsoft Excel
How do I export data from my Act! database to Microsoft Excel?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2005 and later
Third Party: Microsoft Excel
Note: If you need to export Contacts whose phone numbers include a country code, the country code will not export directly to Excel. You must export the data to a text delimited file, then open the file with Excel. For instructions on exporting to a text delimited file, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to export your contact data from Act! to a text delimited file
Answer ID 13882
- Login to Act! as an Administrator, Manager, or Standard user
- Navigate to one of the following List Views, depending on what data you are trying to export:
- Contact List
- Group List
- Company List
- Opportunity List
- Task List
- History List (Act! v16 and later only)
- Ensure that the columns you wish to include in Excel are visible in the list view. For information on customizing columns in Act!, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to customize List View columns in Act!
Answer ID 13897
- Create a lookup of the records you wish to export to Excel. For more information about performing lookups, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Perform a Lookup in Act!
Answer ID 26841
- Click Tools > Export to Excel
How to map Act! Contact, Company or Group Data to Attached Excel Files
Answer ID 14428
WARNING! This KB article (including any software and related documentation) is provided “AS IS.” Swiftpage disclaims all express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the article, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.