With the introduction of Act’s new subscription service some Act Pro users are trying to justify the cost of purchasing a subscription.
The purpose of this article is to try to put into perspective the differences between Act Pro and Act’s $25 per month subscription service. For the purpose of this article I am going to compare the cost of buying Act Pro without any discounts whatsoever. The cost of act Pro is $270 and my experience has been that most act Pro users buy the latest version approximately every three years. Therefore, the overall cost of owning act Pro is going to be $270 for the initial purchase and $199 to upgrade at some point within that three-year period.
Your total cost is going to be $470 if you are a typical Act user.
If you purchase Act’s $25 per month subscription service your total cost over three years is going to be $900. The difference between the two prices is $430. Based on all of my experience with dealing with the average act user I feel this is a fair assessment of the cost of owning act Pro. In my mind Act has to create $430 worth of value to make this process cost effective for you.
The debate is comparing $900 to $470
I have created a list of why I believe a subsciption is worth $430 and I’d appreciate your feedback:
- Free technical support
- Free upgrades to the latest version of Act
- The subscription service provides you with Act Premium which is $499, not Act Pro.
- You can cancel at any time
- If you cancel, you could go back act Pro
- Free Act emarketing Email Account for up to 500 contacts
For an Extra $10 Per Month You Can have Your Act Data in the Cloud
- In other words, Act is everywhere.
- Act will be on your smart phone.
- Act will be in your web browser.
- Act will be on any computer you use that has Internet access.
- You will never have to concern yourself with the cost of upgrading act when you least expect it.
- For example, when you add a new employee or you upgrade Microsoft office.
- Your Data is backed up nightly
- No IT Support Expenses
Originally posted 2015-08-26 14:38:27.