It is Monday morning and you need to make sense of your week, month and the next quarter. How do you accomplish that task? Let me start with prospects. These are the questions you need ask yourself about the prospects in your database:
- Is the ID status of all my prospects prospect?
- When I do a lookup via act’s ID Status Field, how many prospects are there in my database?
How many of my prospects have email addresses?
- How often do I want to reach my prospects via email?
- How often do I want to call them?
- What is my goal for my prospects? To schedule a meeting? To schedule a demo? To schedule a web demo? To schedule a telephone appointment? To have them place an order?
- How many contacts in my database have an empty ID status? In other words, I have no idea who these people are.
- If I plan on telemarketing to my prospects, I need to understand how many prospects I can call per day. Let’s assume you can call 50 prospects per day and you have 3500 prospects. 3500÷50 = 70 business days. If I assume that there are 20 business days in a month then it will take me 3 ½ months to call all of my prospects.
- When you start doing some simple math based on who is in your database, your database will start to tell you a story of what you can accomplish.
- The good thing about being a small business is that you can adjust these numbers as the story changes. If you are brand-new telemarketer, you can probably call 50 people per day. But in the second week, you might have some proposals to put together, follow-up phone calls and meetings. Therefore, you might only be able to make 35 phone calls per day. It is going to take you longer than 70 days to get through 3500 prospects.
- I believe 80% of the people you call will not answer and you will leave a message
- What are the follow-up emails you need to write? There are a minimum of two emails: the left message email and the thanks for speaking to me email. Each email should have a call to action.
- What generic email can I send to everyone?
There are more questions. But I think you get the idea.
When I work with my clients, I ask them these questions. When you have the answers, or if you want help with these answers, give me a call and I will give you an hour of my time for free to help you answer these questions. Then, I’ll show you how to implement a plan to track your answers.
Originally posted 2016-04-04 16:05:27.